Employee engagement is the art of coaching and empowering your customer facing employees to take pride in their job, influence the way their job is structured and managed and, as a result, deliver a consistent, cost effective customer service.
The outcomes of engaging your employees are:
- Improved performance (customer experience and operational efficiency).
- Improved personal motivation, fulfilment and capability.
- Reduced management effort.
- Increased enjoyment.
Our passion for improving employee engagement is driven by one of our key business goals “to make every contact fulfilling for employees”. It’s at the heart or everything we do. The great news is that engagement can be developed by adopting the following four key principles:
- Create an operational vision and purpose statement that forms the bedrock of the way you interact and embrace your customers; both what you do and the spirit in which you do it.
- Provide inspired leadership who have a direct line of sight across your end-to-end service delivery chain and maintain a strong connection with your front-line staff.
- Empower your staff to develop their roles to improve operational efficiency, sales, revenues and the quality of the customer experience.
- Provide a support structure of sustaining and aligning KPIs, with your operational management committed to developing an environment where your staff thrive, develop and excel.
This approach will help you create an environment where:
- Your employees understand and are aligned to the company’s goals and objectives.
- They can shape and influence the work they undertake and the way in which it is done.
- A customer service culture is embedded into the heart of your operation.
- Wasted effort is minimised and your service operation is efficient and effective.
Improved employee engagement and operational efficiency in days
Our engagement focus starts with awareness and measuring the current levels of engagement using our Contact Centre specific questionnaire and the subsequent analysis to identify the key engagement drivers that exist in your operation. However, it’s the next phase that’s the most stimulating and it’s where we work with you to “hot house” and prove the engagement drivers, typically with a small number of teams, for a 2-4 week period. This is one of the most exhilarating components of our Connected Performance methodology as we frequently see double digit improvements in operational efficiency and employee engagement in days. The final stage is implementation where we design the sustaining metrics, the management regime and the environment that will ensure that the step jumps in performance, fulfilment and enjoyment are imbedded right through your organisation.